a year and a half...eighteen months...five hundred and forty-seven and a half days...
is that all the time that you've been a part of our family? really?? 'cause i absolutely feel like there was never a time that i didn't know you.
in my mind...i always knew that i would be a mommy to girls. i just never knew that i would be so incredibly lucky to have you two in my life. you and your sister are my everythings.
at this moment, if i could stop time...this is what i want to remember about you.
- you are in a constant state of wonder.
- you are always asking "whas-it?" or "whos-it?" to inquire about what something is or who someone is.
- i sing "you are my sunshine" to you each night, and you hum along.
- you are a wee bit scared of new things.
- but at the very same time...you are quite the dare devil.
- you love to be spinned and swung.
- you love to hang upside down and giggle.
- your neck is super tickle-ish. you don't even have to tickle it...just touch it...to send you into a fit of giggles.
- you LOVE your big sister. you try to mimic everything that she says and does.
- you were all of a sudden in the "mine" stage...but it seems to be retreating...
- you call yourself "baby" in pictures and in the mirror. you never call yourself cora.
- but you insist that you are a big girl...not a baby.
- you are potty-training yourself. and you are really good at going probably 70% of the time.
- i can tell that you are tired, when you ask for your nuk-nuk and blankie.
- you love to read books. you love to have books read to you.
- you are a mover and a shaker. constantly on the move. constantly.
- you will not watch tv. (ok...i'm not complaining...but it would be nice for 10 minutes)
- you will only stop to look at it...if you see elmo, barney or if someone is singing.
- you dance to all music.
- you say "tan-too" whenever someone gives you something...without any prompts!
- the way that you say stella is my favorite. "de-llllla" with a rolled /l/ sound.
- you love playing babies with your big sister. and playing with the babies at your daycare.
- you always want to talk on the phone with daddy. or boppa. or grandma. or lulu.
- when the phone is unplugged...you yell..."hi ____!" over and over. as if at some moment they might hear you and respond.
- you sing "happy...happy...happy" when it is someone's birthday.
- you love to eat little chips of ice...which is no wonder, considering it was the only thing i craved while pregnant with you.
- you like spaghetti. which is weird, considering i could not eat it,while pregnant with you. and still can't.
- you will eat the fruit and vegetables on your plate long before eating anything else.
- your favorite meal over the summer was cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden, with cheese and crackers.
- you love to taste coffee and wine and beer. anything that isn't yours.
- you always have to announce what it is you are drinking after (and before) every sip.
- you say "mik" with a very glottal /k/ sound. and you always ask for pop.
- you are now really good at saying "obama mama". but sometimes say "obammy mommy".
- your little eyes are this amazing shade of ocean blue. everyone comments on them.
- you loved trick-or-treating this year. you were worried about going up to all of the houses...but would say "tri-tre" and "tan-too" each time. as long as mommy was holding your hand.
- you are quite the mama's girl. but absolutely fall in love with daddy each time he comes home.
- you love bathtime. and it contains you for a little while. so you get a lot of baths on weekends.
- you still nurse. i know it's probably habit at this point...but i so love that little bit of time that you and i get completely alone together. and it will be gone before too long. so i'm gonna cherish it while i can.
you are so loved. you make my world. not just brighter or better. you really make my world.