FACTS ABOUT AUTISM
Did you know…
• 1 in 150 children is diagnosed with autism
• 1 in 94 boys is on the autism spectrum
• 67 children are diagnosed per day
• A new case is diagnosed almost every 20 minutes
• More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes
& cancer combined
• Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
• Autism costs the nation over $90 billion per year, a figure expected to double in
the next decade
• Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent
• Boys are four times more likely than girls to have autism
• There is no medical detection or cure for autism
the girly-girls and i are doing a walk for autism this weekend...
as a speech-language pathologist, i have been given a glimpse into the lives of so many children with autism and their families. i'm using this walk, and the (hopefully) subsequent donations, to recognize them and what they have taught me.
and i would rarely send out this type of a post....i hate asking for money...but i feel this is a worthy cause.
if you are interested in making a donation to our team, please visit our site.
thanks for listening. (and helping!)