Friday, April 24, 2009

eight ...

(before we get started ... gosh y'all ... sorry about that last post ... it was written in between kiddos ... and now that i look back on it? ugh. can you say, choppy? oh yeah ... and the one before that? truly i'm all over my pity party ... not sure what that was all about ... let's just move on, shall we?)

eight things ...

i was tagged for a meme by connie at the youngandtherelentless ... who was tagged by jen at Harried Mom of Four.

eight things i am looking forward to:
1 ... summer.
2 ... which carries with it the benefit of NOT WORKING for three months.
3 ... the greening up of things.
4 ... planting my garden. peapods and tomatoes ... cucumbers and zucchini ... peppers and raspberries.
5 ... getting out of here so that i don't have to listen to that obnoxious girl screaming into a walkie-talkie anymore ... oh wait ... someone stopped her!
5 ... (take two) ... getting through my presentation on tuesday.
6 ... buying new clothes to WEAR at my presentation on tuesday.
7 ... getting a little bit of almost-by-my-self time for a few days (and nights) ... which coincidentally i am also totally NOT looking forward to ... i'm gonna miss those girly-girls so much that it hurts.
8 ... getting home on tuesday night.

eight things i did yesterday:
1 ... worked.
2 ... played with my girly-girls. outside.
3 ... went to dance class. well ... cora's dance class. (which doesn't require me to shake it TOO much).
4 ... took away tv privilages (no ... wizards of waverly place? oh the horror!).
5 ... convinced her that reading extra books and puzzles are so much better.
6 ... sang in the shower with the girls.
7 ... managed to get both kids in bed and asleep. much earlier than usual.
8 ... put myself to bed. much earlier than usual. and then slept. all. night. long.

eight things i wish i could do:
1 ... sleep all night long. everynight.
2 ... have a horse again. because ... you know ... i TOTALLY have the time.
3 ... take pictures without EVER using the automatic settings on my camera.
4 ... read my camera manual so that i could really get away from those automatic settings.
5 ... be a stay at home mama.
6 ... home school my girly-girls.
7 ... have a smaller sized farm with a bigger garden.
8 ... have my husband home every night.

eight shows i watch:
(this is a hard one ... we rarely watch tv.)
1 ... but apparently wizards of waverly place is stella's most favorite show EVER. so we watch it. when we aren't not watching it because we had a wee bit of five-year-old attitude.
2 ... the planet earth series. that guy has a voice that puts the babies to sleep.
3 ... the blue planet series (is that the name of it?) ... basically ... the same as the above ... but water.
4 ... does the weather channel count?
5 ... i used to like watching that show queer eye for the straight guy ... is it on anymore?
6 ... baby story ... when i'm around in the mornings ... rare occurance.
7 ... dora ... well it's what coconut watches for about 2.2 minutes.
8 ... hannah montana ... occasionally.

now ... to tag eight people?

(here's the deal ... i can't remember who's done this ... i can't remember who doesn't do memes ... i can't remember ... so do it ... or don't ... i'm fine with either. and if you aren't on here ... i meant to put your name in one of those last three slots ... i just forgot ... go ahead ... add your name ... thanks!)
1 ... shangrila at mybellafiglia
2 ... sue at threepeasinapod
3 ... stacie at thoughtsoneverythingandnothing
4 ... suz at greenjello
5 ... kelly at lifeisgood
6 ... put your name here
7 ... put your name here
8 ... put your name here

4 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Nice eight! I have to get my own up this weekend.

Connie said...

Lovely list!

3 Peas in a Pod said...

Thanks for tagging me. I love your lists. Especially the part about taking pictures w/o ever using the automatic settings. I'm taking a photography course now.

I'll put this on my list of things I have to post.

Have a great weekend. It's supposed to be gorgeous here and I'm so excited!!

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Casey said...

Oh, I hated the chitter chatter of walkie talkies when I worked at a school. I had to CARRY one and it was terrible, AP's giving their lunch orders over it and hearing about all of the school drama. Ugh. Here's to both of us sleeping through the night.