edited to add...SUPER. LONG. sorry.
i got nothin'.
so i've decided that i was kinda sorta tagged by jen of steenky bee for this meme. and then i remembered that she kinda sorta tagged me for this meme too.
in actuality...she didn't tag anybody. but there is zero bloggy material floating around in my head. and she did mention, that if you wanted to be tagged...consider yourself "chased, caught, slapped and knocked to the ground" it. (my words...not hers.) i'm sure she would have nicely tagged me on the blog-playground.
here is the most recent...
The rules: Answer the following questions about yourself. Mention and link to the person that tagged you. Tag five more people and let them know that they have been tagged. Let the person who tagged you know that you have completed the meme by posting in their comments section.
10 years ago I was:
1. completely unaware of how much time i had in my day
2. able to exist when my checking account had less than $29 in it
3. the perfect parent (without any children, yet)
4. ready to live my (as of yet) unfulfilled (and fluid-changing...not liquid) dreams
5. much more fit than i am today.
Five things on today’s to do list:
1. try to understand why a parent would call in sick and/or without gas last friday to this morning's meeting.
2. make a child feel loved and love my own children so that they don't ever feel un-loved
3. to engage a student with autism
4. find and drink more coffeeattempt
5. go to sleep earlier so that i don't have to move #4 to tomorrow's list too.
Five snacks I enjoy:
1. gorp (don't ask me why my mom called it that...MOM???)
2. fritos and blue cheese
4. spinach dip
5. crackers and cheese
Five things I would do if I were a millionaire
1. buy myself a horse
2. quit my job
3. start a riding facility/camp for children with disabilities
4. home-school my daughter next year
5. help my husband have a career that he loves and keeps him home more. maybe not ALL the time...but more :)
Five places I have lived:
2. grand forks
4. my mom's basement
5. in love
Five jobs I have had:
3. horse handler for a hippotherapy organization
4. horse trainer
The older meme that i was (kinda sorta) tagged for by jen of steenky bee.
The rules of the meme are as follows: List seven insignificant things about yourself. Link the person that tagged you in your post, then tag seven other people and let them know that they’re now it. i'm not tagging...if you want to do it...do it!
i don't know why i said i would do this...nothing seems insignificant this morning. so here goes.
now i'm in trouble...i totally cheated. i emailed my mom and asked her to help. here is my inquiry and her response.
another blogger tagged me for a meme (fill in the box sorta thing where you explain something about yourself.)
she wants to know 7 insignificant things about me...
can you think of anything?
reply...Subject: re: help!
What does that mean? I think everything is significant about you.
(she loves me...she really loves me!)
1. How about that you like to walk around the house in "naked" feet.
- explanation...my feet hate to be confined. shoes and socks are like footy jail. (husband does not understand this...he buys me a new fandangled type of sock every christmas) my feet...they LOVE sandals. they LOVE being able to wiggle their toes. i wear sandals until the snow falls. then i succumb to shoes and boots. as soon as it hits 55 degrees...i pull the sandals back out.
2. You always wanted the little fork.
- i must explain. growing up...i hated using the big forks. i like the smaller size. i've always had fork issues...for quite some time, i requested a different fork or spoon for each item on my plate. note: said items can NEVER touch. NEVER. still. but i don't request additional forks. my mom didn't give in to that more than once.
apparently she can only think of 2 insignificant things...let's email my dad.
inquiry...Subject: help! another blogger tagged me for a meme (fill in the box sorta thing where you explain something about yourself.)
she wants to know 7 insignificant things about me...can you think of anything?
reply...Subject: re: help!
7 INsigniicant things ?
apparently this task is harder for my dad. so i responded.
well just think of a few...
if you can.
i double dare you.
and then i realized...that he really just wanted to clarify the IN significant thing...
so i responded, again...
yes...**IN**signficant as in:
/ˌɪnsɪgˈnɪfɪkənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-sig-nif-i-kuhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
1.unimportant, trifling, or petty: Omit the insignificant details.
2.too small to be important: an insignificant sum.
3.of no consequence, influence, or distinction: a minor, insignificant bureaucrat.
4.without weight of character; contemptible: an insignificant fellow.
5.without meaning; meaningless: insignificant sounds. –noun
6.a word, thing, or person without significance.
and now we are waiting...let's hope he gets to this important bit of information before the end of the day...seriously?? do you think he has anything better to do at work?? mom responded within minutes! oh wait...that was fast...sorry dad.
re-re-re-reply...Subject: re:re:re: help!
3. You've NEVER had a car accident in 15 years of driving
-- NEVER. :) in 17 actually. :) which makes women the superior drivers. or at least that's what belly says. (with zero prompting...no joke.) her explanation is that daddy ran into a car one time when we were leaving a parking lot. so that makes girls better drivers. i'm not disagreeing with her.
4. NEVER got in any trouble as a teenager
--NEVER. why are his responses all nevers? i WAS a really good kid. i didn't want to do anything wrong. i liked being on everyone's good side.
5. I THOUGHT that I caught you in a lie once ... but was proven wrong
-- yeah! not a never! to this day...we can't remember what it was that he thought i lied about. but a friend stood up for me and told him what had actually occurred. see, i really was a good kid!
--dad...the ???? marks don't really help me.
now i have to think of two more things. i'll text my sister.
a blogger has asked me to list seven INsignificant things about MYSELF. mom and dad came up with five. can you think of two more?
and waiting...i'm gonna go have lunch...i'll be back.
moving on...let's continue! i should be able to manage two things about myself.
6. i (almost) always have my toenails painted. but HATE to have my fingernails painted with a color. i think they look absolutely horrendous painted.
7. i will never let my children play with more than one color of play-doh at a time. i cannot stand to see the colors get mixed up. that brownish-gray shade of play-doh was never meant to be. and i feel kinda horrible that they will never get to create those awesome displays of play-doh art that can be found on the labels.
whew. done. now back to your regular programming!