Saturday, February 14, 2009

love is for everyone ...

happy valentine's day.

i cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this video in here ... so i'm just gonna trust that you will pop over to this link of the courage campaign that i linked to below ...

it's a video from those affected by ken starr's attempt to forcibly divorce 18,000 same-sex couples that were married in California last year before the passage of Prop 8. it features the song "fidelity" by regina spektor ... i LOVE this song.

i hate to get all political on a sappy holiday ... but, for a moment, put yourself in the shoes of someone being affected by this ... isn't it true (and my true feeling is) that we should never be told WHO we can love? ...

Please go here to watch the video ... and then go here to sign the petition ...

and then spend the rest of your day loving the ones that you have chosen to love.

happy valentine's day. love to you all, friends.

7 comments:

Casey said...

Grrrr, it makes me so mad that people can't just leave other people alone to choose who to love.

Happy V Day!

For Myself said...

It's so simple really.

PsychMamma said...

What a wonderful, beautiful post!! Thanks for the link to the wonderful video. I love that song too! I posted the link to your post on Twitter. I hope everyone reads it, watches and signs.

Love and commitment = GOOD, people!!

bernthis said...

signed, sealed and delivered so to speak I was so shocked and appalled when it happened, I sometimes still can't believe it

HeatherPride said...

Very well stated!

Shangrila said...

What a breathtakingly beautiful video! I signed the petition and emailed it to my friends and family. Thanks for the heads up, hon!

nutmeg said...

I didn't know about the petition! I'll have to add it. Thanks!