Wednesday, February 24, 2010

could someone remind me why i know this?

is. am. are.
do. does. did.
will. would.
shall. should.
can. could.
have. has. had.
may. might. must.
was. were.
be. been. being.

to be verbs?
being verbs??

and why is it stuck in my head? 
like ... all. the. time.  since first grade or some other ridiculously long amount of time ago. 
is this still important?

i seriously need a delete button in my head ... there are several other things that are really REALLY important for me to remember (like that garbage day is on monday and recycling day is on friday) and i think this one is taking up too much space.

5 comments:

steenky bee said...

The one for sneak gets me every time. I always have to look it up.

I know so much useless information too. It's crowding out the important stuff like how balance my checkbook.

Sprite's Keeper said...

It wasn't in my head, but it is now! :-)

Casey said...

Hah, I know them all too. And now they're back in my head, fun fun!

I just booked my BlogHer trip and I hear rumors from The Bee that you might be attending? Yeah? Do it!

Mrs. Bird said...

Oh man! You just triggered a song from like first grade for me too...

"Is, am, are, was, were, be, being, been, can, could, do, did, have, has, had, may, might, would, could, should, can, will, shall....is, am, are, was, were, be, being, been!"

Sung to the tune of something I can't place right now...Yankee Doodle I think...Thanks for the kind words on my blog :)

Shangrila said...

LOL!

Ich, du, er, sie, es, wir, ihr, Sie

Ich brauche, du brauchst, er/sie/es braucht, wir brauchen, ihr braucht, Sie brauchen.

I think that's right. My German teacher would be so proud!