Monday, November 9, 2009

too far away ... today.

"tell me some things we did in august," i whispered to my husband across the queen sized mattress ...

"we went camping.  i had my vacation time.  it was your mom's birthday," he answered thoughtfully, "why?"

"i'm just trying to see how long ago 2 and 1/2 months feels."

he smirked in the darkness.  i could tell. 

i'd been complaining about how frustrated i am with being pregnant this third time around all evening
how i feel like my entire body could fall to pieces if it wasn't for my skin holding me together. 
how i ache.  everywhere.
how i can't sleep an entire night. 
how difficult it is becoming just to roll over in bed. 
how i'm just not sure that i can really truly make it through another 2 and 1/2 months.

"and??"  he asked.

"all of those things feel like a really long time ago,"  i answered as a small tear escaped down my cheek and rested on my pillow.

11 comments:

Jenni said...

Poor thing! You're more then two thirds of the way there. Hang tight.

Sprite's Keeper said...

You're almost there. You can do this!

Pamela said...

My third pregnancy was never-ending, too. It will be okay. Please reference my chocolate comment last month.

amanda said...

you can do it buddy...deep breaths.

xoxo

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Oh honey. You can do it. I know you can! :-)

dig this chick said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on dig. Sounds like inspiration you could also use yourself! 2 1/2 months will fly by. You know it will and then. Then you have the perfect addition to your family. Hang in there!

Janna said...

I just came here from south dakota's blog and spent a looong time reading b/c i liked what I was reading so much.

I'll be back!

Casey said...

Aww, it sucks waiting. I hated my second pregnancy because I was HUGE and still had to take care of a toddler and it seemed like it would never end but it did. So yours will too. Take a two month long nap, you'll feel better.

Stellaandthomas said...

Awww...I know the third is rough. It is so worth it:-) Hang in there.

Keely said...

It'll go fast. Really. The last 11 days just FLEW by, I bet, right?

Right??

anymommy said...

It will pass. And I promise you at some point in about March, you will wonder how the nine months went so fast and how your baby can possibly be eight weeks already. I can't promise there won't be more tears.