Monday, September 19, 2011

sun. shine.

there's this to do and that to do.

and i sit here.  gazing at this photo.  because it's my sunshine.  in action.  totally and completely being her. 
and she's not here.

gah.  it's taking some getting used to ... this whole kid in preschool thing.  with another in elementary school.  and another that occasionally blesses his mama with a nap for a few hours in the afternoon.

and i feel so lucky to get to experience this while working part time. 

i feel like a mom.

isn't that weird?  i haven't totally wrapped my brain around that ... it's me.  i'm well aware of that ... i know that my heart rests outside of my body in these three beautiful children and i love them so amazingly.  but ... i'm a mom.  i have to get people dressed and out the door.  i have to look out for them and take care of them and i can't just abandon ship and run free.

nor would i want to.

though i still dream of a weekend eating pizza alone while watching a chick flick in a bed. 

blah blah blah.

my girl.

allowing me (last fall ... i can't believe this was last fall already) to practice sunflare.  and she tipped and the sun shone through her arm while she made the silliest face.

her.

 if you are lucky enough to KNOW her ... you know that this is her.  SO. HER.

check out i heart faces for more a touch of sun entries this week.
enjoy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the silly face! And the sun fits perfectly in between her wrist and shoulder!

Rachel Owens said...

What a creative way to use sunflare! I've never seen it like this before. Great photo for sure!

Tracy said...

Cute! Cute!

Mary Gene Atwood said...

this is fabulous. Smiles are over rated. this is a keeper!

The Finnans said...

cute!! love the silly face!!

Mrs. Bird said...

Great picture!

Jen Gehring said...

How adorable! I just love that little face!

beatlesfan said...

Lol that's awesome!!

anymommy said...

Such a sweetheart.

Jenn said...

OH I love when it hits me too "I'm a mom". Those moments when it catches me off guard are so heart lifting :)
Love the picture!