Monday, August 15, 2011

i {heart} faces ... beautiful eyes.

eyes.

there is a certain depth to a person's eyes.
the cliched window.
the soul.

and as a photographer ... i think my most favorite thing is capturing that depth ... that soul ... in someone's eyes.  when they fully see you and you fully see them in a single click.

i love opening up a session in photoshop and zooming in superty close to see that person's eyes.  it's amazing.  the colors and the textures and the beautifulness ... the uniqueness.  sometimes i feel awed when i can catch a glimpse of me taking their photo.  it astounds me.

this though ...
is my girl.
my girl that made me a mama.
and her amazing blue eyes.

a bit lighter and less oceany than her sister's.
softer and a little less vibrant than her brother's.

but blue and beautiful and a glimpse into this grown up girl that she's becoming.  wide eyed and wonderful.  with a bit of her fragile little girlishness mixed in.  all of this HERness swirled into their beautiful blue.


check out i {heart} faces for more beautiful entries this week!

17 comments:

Bija said...

I love the colors! Such a perfect portrait.

Kristin Wilkerson Photography said...

I really love when I see pictures like this. I really appreciate when you can capture the eyes looking so beautiful but you know that they are natural. You nailed it!

Jean Marie said...

GORGEOUS.

and I love your description.....

she's a beautiful serene little woman.

Sian said...

Seriously I am in love with this photo. Its my favorite for sure x

Debra Eby said...

Such a pretty image!

AnaVolovsek said...

This just captures not only a beautiful child, but the beautiful young lady she's becoming. Sweet and soft, and innocent... with a touch of elegance and maturity that's developing!
Stunning picture!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet natural smile - so relaxed and happy! Beautiful! :)

Marianela said...

She is so pretty! It's a very spectacular shot! :)

Dion said...

soft and natural...absolutely beautiful!!

Teachinfourth said...

This is a great image! I love the natural light and smile...

Anti-Supermom said...

Just a stunning, beautiful picture.

Dixon (Party of Four) said...

Beautiful child! Love this shot.

Traca said...

Nice soft light and perfect composition!

Naomi said...

Love, just perfect :)

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful. I love everything about it!

Tracy P. said...

YAY JEN!!! :-)

Kim said...

She is absolutely gorgeous and your portrait only works to enhance it. Fantastic job!!!