Saturday, May 28, 2011

why the end of the year CANNOT COME FAST ENOUGH.

i had to write an email to a friend the other day ...

to remark upon her post that she had put up the evening before ... because it really struck me ...
quite honestly ... everything she says strikes me. 
she is an amazingly eloquent writer ... and a lovely person too. 
and someday i will meet her *in person* just so that i can validate that truth.

and because sometimes i find myself funnier when i'm not trying to be funny ... i just thought you might want to hear why i'm fairly certain that the end of the school year cannot come fast enough ... taken from our email correspondence.

though it will probably come way. too. fast.

{just had to write} to tell you i love you.

after your post and your dancing ...

and i can't comment ... because i'm at work and i flipped over to your site for a mere minute in between groups because i needed to get my head away from attempting to teach homonyms.

oh holy hell.

homonyms are sort of the death of me ... like smacking my head against a brick wall.

ok kids ... REMEMBER! these words sound the same ... but they are spelled different and they mean different things. BUT!! they SOUND! the! SAME!!!!!!

let's see if you can figure out this one!!

it can mean mommy's little boy
OR!
it can mean something bright that shines in the sky ...

someone always guesses one of those ... like this ...

SUN!!! SUN!!! a sun is in the sky!!!!

ok yay!! you got this one {pointing}!!! what is this one{pointing}???

mommy's little boy.
hmmmmm. 
*mommy's little boy*
remember ... THEY SOUND THE SAME!

brother?
nope ... THEY SOUND THE SAME

boy??
gah. no ... they sound THE SAME!
why did you sigh?
keep trying!

daddy????
ohholyhellno. they SOUND THE SAME SAY THIS WORD AGAIN IT SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME IF YOU JUST SAY THIS WORD TWO TIMES YOU WILL GET BOTH OF THE ANSWERS RIGHT >>> THERE IS NO NEED TO EVEN THINK YOU WILL GET IT RIGHT IF YOU JUST SAY IT TWO TIMES.

(that part i just say in my head)
love you. even if she doesn't. thanks for giving me a minute away from homonyms.
about to teach idioms though.
save. me.

2 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

which is why I went from FIFTH grade to kindergarten.

However, I TOO can't wait for the end of the year. Getting my butt kicked daily.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I have met her. And Vodka. And they're both as lovely and eloquent in person as they are in writing.