Monday, January 31, 2011

a favorite january face.

so.  usually i enter my personal photos over at i {heart} faces.  but my most absolute favorite face photo this month belongs to a brand new baby boy that i was honored to photograph ...

i cannot believe that people give me this privilage to meet their brandnew teeny tiny babies and spend a few hours with their brandnew family and that they then feel that my "art" is then ok enough to adorn their walls ...

pinch me.  someone.

this little face is one of my favorites from the session.
i'm not sure why.  maybe because it's a glimpse of that newborn little baby hairs. 
(if you have children.  you know what i mean.  the hair that you refuse to cut because it is so unbelieveably ... soft.  which feels like such an inadequate word for the softness ...)

or is it the most absolute calm of babyness.
that sleepy. 
perfectly still.  quiet.  calm. 


scrunchied-up.  baby face.




collective sigh.

want to see a few more images from this session?
(cute baby alert)
http://www.jenniferlivphotography.com/

8 comments:

Brigita T Alvarado Photography said...

what an angel :)

Jen Gehring said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this... its beautiful!

Susanne Ashby Photography said...

Super cute! I love the way you cropped it and that baby is just the cutest!!

Tracy P. said...

Oh my goodness, Jen. I would not know about the hair, but I will take your word for it. My kids had NONE until they were a year old, and then it wasn't even as much as this baby's.

Pamela said...

ovarian prolapse.

Carly said...

What a beautiful little one, love the close up shot!

Naomi said...

This is beautiful!

The Diaz Wendland Family said...

Peaceful...