Monday, August 25, 2008

first days...

back to work. it's hard to get back to work after having a summer off.
we've had so much fun...
i've so enjoyed the extended time that i've been able to share with my girly-girls. i love that coconut saved her new skills of walking and talking for summer days for mommy to enjoy. i've met new babies and saw old friends. i was able to share adventures of camping with family. we hiked and biked and found rocks on beaches. i didn't do as much on my to-do-list as i had hoped to accomplish. but, i don't regret it...

i have missed my "kiddos" at work too...
i'm excited to see them again and see how they are doing. i hope that they know they were missed. i'm excited to share what i've done with them. i'm excited to find out how they spent their time. (and...i hope they didn't do all of the homework i sent home.) i hope they spent more of their time with family and friends and put speech on the back burner for awhile. i hope that their parents read with them and learned with them in a more functional and less academic way. i hope that their parents talked with them and communicated with them and learned more about their children than they knew before.

i have hopes and dreams for the year...
i hope to connect with parents and help them help their children. i hope that the children will own some of the goals we've set forth and will expend energy learning and gaining. i hope that i can help my kiddos and be a positive guide for them. i hope to see my kiddos make gains that at one time, we only hoped for. i hope that i can help them learn beyond articulation and language. i hope that i continue to be able to balance my life and my career. i hope that i am not letting my own children down, by helping others. i hope that they can see their mommy succeed and grow helping and teaching...and it pushes them to do the same in whatever they choose to do someday. i hope they all love themselves, in the end.

5 comments:

Christy said...

I hope you are having fun at work with all of your adorable students:)

Anonymous said...

"i hope that i am not letting my own children down, by helping others."

You just said what I think every day.

anymommy said...

You are doing a wonderful job. Just the fact that you hold all those hopes close to your heart will show your girls so much.

Marinka said...

i hope that you have a great year! Thy are lucky to have you.

dig this chick said...

Awe, inspiring words. I think mamas fulfilling their autonomous goals makes them better mamas to their kids...and I'm not just saying that because I work and have a kiddo and am trying to make us all feel better...after my short and green eight months with a bug, I really believe it. When I am with her I am more with her.