Tuesday, July 10, 2012

where.

i keep telling myself this ...

there is so much sometimes.  changes.  that terrify me and excite me.  things that we know and feel safe with are tossed aside rambunctiously to try new things that in the end will make better.  but create major uncomfort right now. 

and it's so silly.  because we were in this boat once before ... and didn't feel right with it then.  and it (maybe. kinda) still doesn't feel totally right.  but we're doing it anyways. 

and i have to keep telling my thoughts (and my husband) that this?  right here?  is exactly what we are supposed to be doing. 

welcome to vague blog post number 283. 

in more exciting news?
please excuse me.  i am a mere cellphone camera photo.  jen didn't bother to take out the big girl camera for me.
we've been eating at home a lot.  it's in our "saving money" plan. 
cherries are delicious.
they look pretty in a bowl.
you will totally confuse non-blogger children when you tell them to wait a second while you take a photo of their food before they are allowed to consume it.
um.  why is your mom taking a picture of the cherries?

the heat has forced us inside more than i would like.
which tends to lead to a lot of time on the kindle.
or this ...
which i totally stalk with my camera. 
because holy cuteness.
i love that they just love to be together.

my kitchen table constantly looks like this.
and little people towns adorn my living room floor.
and yes.  that is a pizza crust rising on my kitchen table with a mess of art supplies and christmas tree airplane director people lights surrounding it.  oy.

you should never trust a two year old boy with a spray hose in his hands.
because he will spray you.
even if you are holding the big girl camera.
which you will quickly stuff into your shirt without cares as to what the neighbors caught a glimpse of ... and then you will learn never to trust a two year old with a spray hose.

hi.  i'm a phone picture again.  mom had to take me out when the two year old attempted to murder the big girl camera.
that troll is from my grandma's collection.  i miss her everytime that i see him.

speaking of missing people.  today was what would have been papa joe's 90th birthday.  we celebrated on sunday.  with cake.  and less tears than i had expected.  and it's this quote that makes my heart hurt today ... thinking of him.  and the family he left too soon.


happy birthday papa joe.  i hope you having a grand party celebrating.  you are so so missed.


my girlygirls are taking piano lessons.  oh.my.heart.
i tear up every time i see them sit down to practice. 

see?
pure excitement around here.

we are (exactly) WHERE we are ... meant. to. be.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Yes.

Mama Monkey said...

Our kitchen table looks the exact same way...as does our kitchen counters! The heat just keeps us indoors too :( I love how your pictures are telling your story :)

Jen said...

I think your phone pictures are pretty darn good too! I had to giggle at the "non-blogger children" part ;)
P.S. No matter what the age of a boy, they will always squirt you with the hose.