Monday, July 13, 2009

my lilies ...

or as jeremy likes to say ... OUR lilies.
... either, or ...

i tend to think the person that loves them enough to take their yearly portraits is the one that can claim ownership ... but whatever ... i learned to share quite well in kindergarten.

since the computer internets are proving to be inexplicably slow this evening and the photo editing is quickly creeping into my sleeping hours ... i must stop editing the potentially overedited pictures of our strawberry picking excursion ... and focus solely on the only photos that were finished with editing because ... no joke ... i didn't edit anything other than the rounded edges my lilies ... oops ... i mean OUR lilies ...

that are this amazingly spectacular display of orange-ish perfection this year.

why hello there ... beautiful lily ... so glad you could finally join us this year. better late than never, i suppose.

now if only i could find a way to make them last all year long.

hmmm ... maybe i just did.
and tomorrow ... strawberries. stay tuned.

3 comments:

Raising Z and Lil C said...

They are beautiful. I just got my first set of day lilies yesterday. I am so excited!

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I have some of those that came up a couple weeks ago. They are leftover from when Zach's ex wife lived here in this very house. I love lilies. But it sucks that she and I might actually have the same taste in flowers. I'll be planting some more lilies when the weather cooperates- some star gazers and some large New Wave Lilies. I love lilies! Ours are not this pretty though- since we have a major grasshopper problem. They ate my entire garden. Why do grasshoppers have to eat everything but grass?

Thanks for asking about Nora. She is doing really well. Not healing as fast as I'd like but the good news is, I can ride her if she doesn't breed back this year. And I'm thinking she won't breed back.

Casey said...

I love lilies but I don't think they grow here (do they?!?). My Gram always had the most beautiful tiger lilies.