Monday, February 9, 2009

potty training technique that i never thought of ...

tonight ... my dad (boppa to the littles) ...
took us to dinner at a favorite restaurant of his.

kind of a hole in the wall ... not too fancy diner. decent food, friendly owner ...

and as i was standing there ... i overheard this conversation between a mother and her ... let's guess ... 3 year old daughter.

ok ... so it wasn't much of a conversation ...

let's call it a potty training technique.

"mommy ... i need to go potty." (note ... whiny voice used.)

mother's reply ... "fine ... but ... if i take you to the potty and you don't go to the bathroom ... i'm gonna f*&$ you up and whup your a$$." (note ... hushed angry tone used.)

wow.

wonder how that "technique" is working for them?

... and that was after we sat next to a father that brought 3 cans of pepsi to the table ... one for him ... one for his (let's guess ...) 5 year old son and one for his (let's guess again, shall we?) 3 year old daughter that walked in ... with a pacifier in her mouth.

seriously. if she has a pacifier ... i don't think she needs a caffeinated beverage.

sorry all.

i know that i am being so incredibly judgemental and that i should never talk before walking a mile in their shoes. but those two kids got pop, which i just eliminated from my diet ... and i just had a glass of water. i was am a wee bit pissy tonight.

13 comments:

Kelle said...

oh dear!

DeeMarie said...

There is so much wrong with that family scenario. It's sad....

Kelly Hutcheson said...

NO SHE DID NOT CURSE AT HER CHILD!?!?

O
M
G!

(mouth gaping)

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Lovely. Cursing at a child.

Don't get me started on the kids that drink Coke. My boyfriend's son only drinks, Diet Coke and Sprite. No milk, no juice. The irony is that his mother is a special ed teacher. You'd think the woman would know what terrible negative side effects those have and the health consequences, but apparently she doesn't care. The Bf cares, but only gets the kids every couple weeks, so he figures it's not worth fighting about in the short time he gets to have them. Irritates the Shit outta me honestly. I don't have kids, but I lived w/out daily cokes growing up and I managed, so I figure someday my kid can too. Am I a freak?

HeatherPride said...

I'm a little pissy that that mother told her toddler that she was going to f*ck her up!! A mother who would say something like that in a public place? Makes me wonder what's going on behind closed doors.

Sprite's Keeper said...

One of my daughters friends gets her soda in a sippy cup. Less spills. That parent was definitely thinking.

Allison said...

OMG - If those children are treated like that in PUBLIC - just imagine the poor little girl while she is at HOME. Breaks my heart....and sadly it will probably start all over in the next generation....oh don't get me started.!

Heidi said...

i hate mean parents.

Connie said...

My parents put Pepsi and HOT tea in my bottle. And their idea of Potty training was to TIE me to the potty. For hours.....

I turned out JUST FINE! LOL! Well, as fine as can be expected! :)

3 Peas in a Pod said...

My kids have only had soda maybe 3 times in their life and we're talking ginger ale which has no caffeine. I can't imagine my kids after caffeine and sugar. Oy!

Keely said...

Um, wow...threatening your child? I don't think it's being judgemental to call someone on THAT...

CC said...

SO with you on the paci = no grown up ANYTHING!! Truthfully, I hate pacis in public...

Casey said...

Wow. That's all I've got to say. Wow. Judge away, they deserved it.